For users who know that their problem lies in a specific area of their Outlook Express installation, or who wish to use only one of the powerful Outlook Express repair features available, ScanDBX has an Advanced Tools Dialog.
The Tools Dialog allow you to select a particular component of ScanDBX to use. This should only be used by an advanced user who believes that they know where their problem lies as skipping a section could prevent ScanDBX from correcting all of a user’s potential problems.
- Look up my Outlook Express error message and fix it – This will launch the ScanDBX Error Message Lookup tool to allow you to identify exactly what is wrong with Outlook Express and fix it.
- Test my email account settings with my email servers - This will run the ScanDBX Account Tester, which will check all of your Outlook Express email account settings to find problems with them. This may take a few minutes as ScanDBX must wait for server timeouts on servers which it cannot connect to. If problems are found, it also requires you to know your email account settings. If you do not, you should contact your ISP for more information.
- Make sure that I can open email attachments – This will run the ScanDBX Email Attachment Tester to see if your Outlook Express configuration could prevent you from opening email attachments.
- Scan my Outlook Express files for errors and lost messages – This will launch the ScanDBX File Scanner to scan all of the user’s Outlook Express mail store files to look for damage to them. It will also recover emails which may have gone missing in your mail folders because of damage.
- Remove duplicate messages from Outlook Express – This will launch the ScanDBX File Scanner in duplicate-removal mode to remove duplicate emails. It will also perform all the actions that the normal “Scan Mail Files” action (the top button on the dialog) will.
- Export all messages from a file or files – This will launch the ScanDBX Email Export tool to export email or news messages from some or all of your Outlook Express email files and save them to a folder on your desktop.
- Backup and delete damaged mail files – This will launch the ScanDBX File Deletion tool to backup and delete some or all of your Outlook Express email files. If you know that a particular file is damaged, this tool will let you delete it so that Outlook Express can start.
- Copy your email files to another location – This will allow you to copy your email files to another folder you have created so that you can move them to another computer.
- Open your Mail Store folder – This opens the folder where Outlook Express stores your email files.
- Launch the ScanDBX Troubleshooting Wizard – This will launch the ScanDBX Outlook Express Troubleshooting Wizard, which will ask you questions to determine the cause of any other problems you are encountering with Outlook Express. Where possible, it will automatically scan for problems which may exist.
After selecting one of the items in the list, you can click the “Start” button to continue. You can also double-click any item in the list to start it immediately.
Clicking the “Back” or “Cancel” button will take you back to the Startup dialog.