This menu item allows you to choose how the ScanDBX Mail File Scanner and the ScanDBX Email Account Tester will behave.
- Perform Routine Maintenance on Undamaged Files – Select this to cause ScanDBX to perform maintenance on files which can be cleaned up but have no damage which would cause a problem with the function of Outlook Express.
- Remove Duplicate Messages – Select this to have ScanDBX eliminate duplicate messages. This will not remove messages with the same title and body sent at different times. It will only remove messages which were downloaded by Outlook Express more than once. Selecting this option will not remove duplicates which are in different folders.
- Do Not Export Lost Messages – Select this to have ScanDBX skip the email export step while scanning your email files for damage. This option may be necessary if you have files that are extremely damaged. Most users will never need to select this option.
- Export Messages to the current user’s ‘My Documents’ folder – Select this to have ScanDBX export messages to a folder named “Recovered Emails” in your “My Documents” folder. Or, uncheck it to enter your own directory in the “Message Export Location” field.
- Use the default temporary directory for temporary files – Select this to have ScanDBX use the system-default temporary directory when it is performing file transfers and file swaps (recommended). Or, uncheck it to enter your own directory in the “Message Export Location” field.
- Check Email Accounts Marked as “Skip” by OE – Select this to have ScanDBX test all your email accounts, regardless of whether or not you have instructed Outlook Express to ignore them when checking/sending email.
- Skip Email Accounts without Saved Passwords – Select this to have ScanDBX skip testing any email account that does not have a password saved in Outlook Express.