Mail Store File Scan Results
ScanDBX will display a summary of the file scan results when it is finished. This will tell you of what ScanDBX has done as well as warn you about possible future problems involving your files.
The icons at the head of each row have the following meaning:
A green checkmark means that ScanDBX scanned and (if necessary) repaired your files successfully with that scanner.
A yellow triangle with exclamation mark is a warning that you need to do something with your files to avoid future problems. Select this row and click “More Details” to learn more.
A red circle with an ‘X’ indicates that an error occurred while scanning or repairing your files. Select this row and click “More Details” to learn more.
You can select each row of the grid to display more details about a given scan. When a row is highlighted, you can also click the “More Details” button to get a summary of what that file scan did with each of your mail store files.
The Scans performed the Mail Store File Scanner are:
- The Read Only Corrector removes the read-only property from your mail store files. Read-only files can cause Outlook Express to fail to load.
- The Mail Store File Size Tester checks for mail store files nearing 2 GB in size. It will warn you about any such files, allowing you to save your data from them before it is too late. When a file reaches 2 GB, many problems are caused, including Outlook Express failing to load and messages being damaged or lost.
- The Special Folder Scanner checks each of your ‘special folders’ (Deleted Items, Folders, Inbox, Sent Items, and Outbox) to see if they contain too many messages. A special folder with more than 200 messages is more likely to become corrupted.
- The Mail File Scanner scans each of your mail store files for damage. It will correct any damage which it detects.
- The Duplicate Email Remover (optional – see the Scan Options dialog) removes duplicate emails from your mail store files. It will only remove messages if they are (1) in the same Outlook Express folder, (2) have the same server ID, and (3) reached your mail server at the same time.
- The Message Exporter will export any messages which are lost to Outlook Express due to errors in your files. These messages will be placed in the “Recovered Email” folder in your “My Documents” folder. This scan can be disabled and the export location can be changed in the “Scan Options” dialog.
Each row in the details dialog gives information about the results of the file scan selected in the summary dialog. The icons at the head of each row of the details dialog have the same meaning as those in the summary dialog.
Once again, you can select each row to get more details on the scan results for each file.