ScanDBX Revision History
The current version of ScanDBX is 1.09 Beta.
August 2, 2004
- Improved code handling of lost messages. Corrects infrequent assertion when exporting messages not contained in the file index.
July 29, 2004
1.07 Beta (internal release)
- Improved code handling of very large DBX files. Corrects rare program assertion when processing very large potentially damaged DBX files.
- UI Enhancement: ScanDBX will now switch back to an identity after choosing a directory or file with only one identity in the registry.
- Improved MIME parsing for messages.
- Updated logo in Help > About.
- Updated File menu.
July 24, 2004
- Reduced memory usage (A typical 2 GB test file uses about 65 MB of RAM).
- Bug fixed in folders.dbx repair (minor bugfix).
- Implemented Windows XP visual style.
July 19, 2004
- Dramatically reduced memory load (reduction of about 80% is typical):
- Compressed memory usage for file scanning.
- Serial file repair so only one file is stored in memory at a time.
- A 'typical' 2 GB file now takes about 90 MB of RAM to scan and repair.
- Increased stability in the message parsing algorithms.
- Improved the feedback to the user:
- Added a 'per action' progress bar
- Added more information about what is going on to the log
- Changed 'Send Bug Report' to 'Send Feedback', which is more in line with the actual desire.
- Added 'Select File' and 'Select Directory' to the 'File' menu, giving advanced users better control.
June 17, 2004
- Improvements to the data scanning algorithms.
- Runs on Windows 98 and ME.
May 20, 2004